Monday, June 28, 2010

Events of note

So what happened after my world travels? I went back to work (duh), learned a new hobby, got a new kitty, visited with my dear friend, Jill, and her family, and turned 30!

My new hobby is knitting. I am so addicted! To use a popular term right now, it's very "zen" for me; it's relaxing, and allows me to slow my brain down and be productive at the same time. One of my very close friends, Hanna, taught me a few weeks before my birthday, and I was hooked. She very generously bought me my very own knitting starter kit as a birthday present, and I haven't been able to stop knitting since. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my projects at the moment, but there will be time in the future.

My new kitty is all black and his name is Angus...(pause for chuckling). I fell in love with him and took him home on the same day. Ever since we brought him home he has been the best cuddler, and one of the most annoying cats ever. It really is one way or the other. I am either calling him my favorite kitty or trying not to strangle him. He is into EVERYTHING! My friend Wendy, who is a long time cat lover, said, "Oh yeah, well he's a kitten." No...that's not it...he consumes or tries to consume EVERYTHING. If I had a nickle for every time I have yelled a sentence that starts with, "Angus! No kitties in the..." I wouldn't need to work. Wendy very kindly volunteered to watch our cats while we are gone on our European excursion (sucker), and has since informed my that my cats are crazy...I tried to tell her.

"Angus! No kitties in the dishwasher!"


"Angus! No kitties in the trash can!"

Not too long ago we had a much anticipated visit from our friends the Grahams, Marc and Jill, and their two boys Desmond ("the Bruce" as Scott and I like to call him), and Jaxter. It was a whirl wind of a week, but a total blast. There were reunions with other friends that had moved away, a grand girl's night, some quality Jill-Tressa bonding time, and much playing and laughing with small children. For more information on this topic I suggest you take a peek at Jill's blog. She has recorded the excitement very well. (jill-log.blogspot.com)

...Yes...I am now 30. Some people are sad when they reach this birthday, but seeing as how I plan on living to at least 100, I decided that I didn't want to spend the next 70 or more years being sad that I'm no longer a 20-something (for various reasons involving lack of youth and fantastic skin). Therefore I say bring on my thirties! Good bye fast food and tee-shirts, hello sophisticated adult beverages, and fabulous dresses! To celebrate this milestone in my life I, of course, got a fierce new haircut, and threw a party at my house that included Scott's homemade tacos and devils food birthday cake! Scott worked so hard on the food and it was all fantastic! Thanks Babe, it was a blast and one of my favorite birthdays!

A few weeks after I finished my 6th school year at Strawberry Hill, Scott and I then embarked on another European summer adventure, this time for six weeks...let the art gluttony begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment